The HIV TESTER CERTIFICATION course is designed to equip HTS providers with knowledge and skills to perform HIV rapid tests accurately and reliably in a safe and professional manner in preparation for site and tester certification especially for frontline HTS providers at all levels of testing.
A modular course that targets all aspects/forms of HIV diagnosis following the comprehensive HIV rapid testing training curriculum to HIV testing health workers. The content will be covered in nineteen modules.
Purpose of the course
The course aims to build the capacity of all HIV testing health care workers to improve the quality of HIV rapid testing by equipping participants with knowledge and skills to perform HIV rapid testing.
Specific course objectives
By the end of this course, trainees should be able to:
- Carry out proper HIV Testing following the most recent HIV Testing Algorithm.
- Manage HIV Testing Supplies and inventory.
- Perform HIV EQA and submit results.
- Manage HIV Testing Documents and Records.
This is a blended online nineteen modular training. It is self-paced. Each week will be allocated five modules on average and it is expected that all modular assessments will be completed in the same week. we will first hold the online theoretical sessions for the 4 weeks and assessment completed online. One day Practical sessions and assessments will be held in groups of 20 trainees following Covid 19 SOP’s.
The course evaluation will be in three parts:
- We will have a pre and post theoretical course assessment and the pass mark will be 80% as well as a pre and post practicum course assessment with a pass mark of 100%.
- Weekly quizzes will be conducted. At the end of each module, we shall have 3 multiple-choice questions (1 mark each) that will contribute 10% of the final mark. Quizzes must be completed by the end of each week (Sunday). The quiz has two attempts and the highest score will be recorded.
- Weekly discussion forums will be held during which participants are required to post one submission regarding the weekly discussion topics, and thereafter, thoughtfully respond to a classmate’s post (1.5 marks each week)). Vague and unthoughtful one-word responses like “YES” and “I AGREE” will not be considered. Discussions must be completed by the end of the week following the closure of the particular session. Active participation on the discussion forum as guided, will contribute a total 10 marks towards the final mark.
Trainers’ description: Trainers will include National TOT’s who were trained to cascade this course.
Tester certification assessment will be conducted by UVRI for those trainees who will have scored at least 80% in the theory and 100% in the practical sessions in this training. This will be done at their testing site.
Mr. Mulindwa James – National Master trainer
Mrs. Mutua Diana– Laboratory Specialist IDI
Mrs. Mirembe Violet- Laboratory Technical Trainer IDI
Ms Rose Akidde- UVRI
Mr. Geoffrey Taasi – ACP
Supported by the eLearning team